UNDERSTANDING ENVIRONMENTAL WELLNESS
Environmental Wellness is the ability to perceive our own particular obligation regarding the quality of the air, the water and the land that surrounds us. The capacity to have a constructive outcome on the nature of our environment, be it our homes, our community or our planet adds to our Environmental Wellness.
Our environment and how we treat it can have a huge impact on the way we feel overall. Environmental well-being includes trying to live in harmony with the Earth by understanding the impact of your interaction with nature and your personal environment, and taking action to protect the world around you. Protecting yourself from environmental hazards and minimizing the negative impact of your behavior on the environment are so critical.
Leading a lifestyle that is respectful to our environment and minimizes any harm done to it is also a necessary component of Environmental Wellness. Examples of environmental threats include air pollution, ultraviolet radiation in the sunlight, chemicals, noise, water pollution, and second-hand smoke.
THE PATH TO ENVIRONMENTAL WELLNESS
Environmental wellness involves a number of different aspects of personal and societal responsibilities, including:
- Being aware of the earth’s natural resources and their respective limits
- Living a life accountable to environmental needs, both in the present and in the long-term
- Realizing the effects of their daily habits on the world and ourselves
ARE YOU ENGAGED IN THE PROCESS OF ENVIRONMENTAL WELLNESS?
- Am I able to maintain a balance of work, family, friends, and other obligations?
- Do I have ways to reduce stress in my life?
- Am I able to make decisions with a minimum of stress and worry?
- Am I able to set priorities?
If you answered “No” to any of the questions, it may indicate an area where you need to improve the state of your Emotional Wellness.