INTELLECTUALLY WELL PERSON
Intellectual Wellness is the ability to open our minds to new ideas and experiences that can be applied to personal decisions, group interaction and community betterment. The desire to learn new concepts, improve skills and seek challenges in pursuit of lifelong learning contributes to our Intellectual Wellness.
Intellectual Wellness is engaging in creative and stimulating mental activities to expand our knowledge and skills and help us discover the potential for sharing our gifts with others.
An intellectually well person:
- Cherishes mental growth and stimulation
- Is involved in intellectual and cultural activities
- Is engaged in the exploration of new ideas and understandings
THE PATH TO INTELLECTUAL WELLNESS
This path allows you to explore issues related to problem solving, creativity, and learning as well as spending more time pursuing personal interests, including reading books, magazines, and newspapers, while keeping abreast of current issues and ideas. As you develop your intellectual curiosity, you’ll actively strive to expand and challenge your mind with creative endeavors. Intellectually well people are also curious and interested in the communities as well as the world around them.
ARE YOU ENGAGED IN THE PROCESS OF INTELLECTUAL WELLNESS?
- Am I open to new ideas?
- Do I seek personal growth by learning new skills?
- Do I search for lifelong learning opportunities and stimulating mental activities?
- Do I look for ways to use creativity?
If you answered “No” to any of the questions, it may indicate an area where you need to improve the state of your Intellectual Wellness.